Thursday, May 1, 2008

letter to national abortion federation

Alexa Battisti
4200 54th Avenue S.
Box 171
St. Petersburg, FL 33711

4/30/08

National Abortion Federation
Naf@prochoice.org

To Whom It May Concern:

I’m at 19 year old student at Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, FL.  I have been doing a paper on women’s health issues and my research constantly led me to your website.   I’m writing to you concerning your stance on the abortion debate.  

First of all, let me start off by saying that I fully support your organization and truly believe the government should not have a say in our health issues.  What exactly is your organization doing to lobby against the government for legalized abortion?  What is your stance on the federal abortion ban that George Bush signed in 2003, making all abortions after the second trimester of pregnancy illegal?  Do you feel schools across the country should be doing more to educate the public on this issue, despite its controversy?

Personally, I feel that if abortion is made fully illegal, then that is only the first step in the government trying to control our lives.  If you agree with this stance, what do you feel will be next?

I’d really appreciate a reply, thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
Alexa Battisti



[emailed]

No comments: